New to the U?
- Getting to Know U is a section of the Employee & Career Advising website dedicated to new employees. You can find past editions of the new employee newsletter, FAQs by new employees and updates on programs aimed at supporting a successful transition and long term success at UA.
- Getting Started: Welcome New Employees! Here you'll find a new employee checklist, orientation information, relocation information, and even a list of "UA Acronyms" explained
- Online Benefits Orientation: Web-based new employee orientation program, retirement plan comparisons, and more
- Benefits and Other Advantages: The University of Arizona offers eligible employees an exceptional array of benefits and work/life support services. Information provided on this website includes benefits plans and programs offered by the State of Arizona and the University of Arizona as well as information about discounts and other university-sponsored benefits
- Arizona Public Service Orientation: Arizona state law requires that all state employees receive a public service orientation that covers policies and laws relating to the proper conduct of business for a public employee.
- Resources for Faculty: Here you'll find information of specific interest to new faculty members, such as instructional and research support, faculty development and advancement, faculty organizations, and more
- Connecting with Others: Links to shared governance and advocacy groups, professional organizations, and other groups that afford opportunities to connect with others
- Things To Do and See: A fun listing of some things to see and do in Tucson for those who are new to our community, including theater and art links, athletics and recreation information, and guides to dining, libraries, museums and more
- Professional Development and Training: Links to other, non-HR training opportunities through Financial Services, Systems Control, Continuing Education & Academic Outreach, Risk Management & Safety, the Affirmative Action Office, and more
- Local Schools: If you're relocating with children, this page will help you identify some public and private school choices, and point you toward school districts and state education information
- What's the 'UA NetId'?: Your UA NetID is your personal identifier that allows you to access a variety of on-line University services, including site-licensed software, computer and E-mail accounts, computer labs and Employee Link.