Resources for Retiring Employees
Welcome to the Human Resources Retirement Resources Home Page. This page provides important information for employees who are beginning to think about and plan for retirement.
The decision to retire is an important one. The more planning employees do, the more successful and satisfying their retirement years will be.
The following guides have been designed to help you make important decisions and guide you through the steps necessary to retire from the University of Arizona. They include information on Social Security, Medicare, retiree health insurance options, University retiree programs, and the Retiree Accumulated Sick Leave Program.
- Getting Ready to Retire from the University of Arizona - A Guide for Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) Participants - revised January 2015
- Getting Ready to Retire from the University of Arizona - A Guide for Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) members - revised January 2015
Other retirement resources:
- Flexible Work Options for Tenured Faculty and Continuing Professionals
- Phased Retirement Program for Optional Retirement Plan Participants
- Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) one-on-one consultations
- Retiree Accumulated Sick Leave (RASL)
- Arizona State Retirement System Retiree Benefits Guide
- Arizona Department of Administration Retiree Benefits Guide
- Preparing for Retirement
- Retirement Forms