|Title: ||Health Educator|
|Pay Grade: ||42|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Develops, implements, promotes and evaluates a segment(s) of a health education program.|
|This is second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from the Health Educator, Assistant in that incumbents have responsibility for a part of a health education program, which includes designing educational materials, developing goals and objectives and evaluating progress of the segment(s) of the program.|
Example of Duties:
- Develops needs assessments, goals, objectives, training method and promotional activities of specific health education programs.
- Monitors and evaluates progress of assigned programs.
- Designs and develops educational materials and conducts training sessions and workshops on assigned health programs.
- Lectures to university groups or classes and for non-university affiliated community groups.
- Prepares health education information for the campus newspaper and other community-wide public relations resources.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and delegates assignments to volunteers and student workers who assist with the activities.
- Lectures or co-instructs formal academic health education classes on a semester basis as requested by academic departments.
- Supervises, trains, assigns work and checks work of student interns.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health education.
- Knowledge of training methods, group dynamics and community organization.
- Skill in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and administering health education programs.
- Skill in presenting information in group settings.
- Skill in leading and coordinating the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Education or related field AND two years of health education experience; OR,
- Six years of health education experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.