|Title: ||Electronic Field Services Technician|
|Pay Grade: ||33|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Troubleshoots, repairs, services, maintains and installs computers, modems, communication networks, terminals, printers, laser high speed printers, copiers, high volume duplicators, fax machines, typewriters and associated peripheral equipment to component level. Incumbents in this classification receive direction and support from senior level field service engineers on difficult repairs or diagnosis. Incumbents visit sites or transport equipment to shop. Some lifting of equipment is required.|
|This is first in a series of four classifications.|
Example of Duties:
- Visits departments in response to service request forms or phone calls to test equipment, diagnose problems or install new equipment.
- Repairs computers, terminals, printers, laser high speed printers, copiers, high volume duplicators, fax machines, typewriters and associated peripheral equipment to component level.
- Installs and relocates new or used equipment evaluating configurations and identifying needs for wiring and cable location.
- Builds communication cables, connectors and switches according to blueprints and designs.
- Documents repair or work completed and/or estimates time and cost of needed repair for customers.
- Inventories, tests and recommends procurement of parts and supplies and maintains technical library.
- Markets rental programs, lease purchase machines and maintenance contracts to all departments; targets worn out machines for replacement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and electronic equipment appropriate to the assignment.
- Knowledge of the theory and application of electronic and xerographic processes.
- Skill in the use of specialized technical equipment used in the diagnosis of problems to the component level.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Associate's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field AND two years technical experience; OR,
- Four years of technical experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.