|Title: ||Landscape Architect|
|Pay Grade: ||51|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Performs professional landscape architectural work and acts as a consultant in negotiations of construction projects with outside agencies in contractual arrangements.|
|This is a specialized classification and not part of a series.|
Example of Duties:
- Schedules projects and monitors progress and completion of daily landscape architectural projects.
- Coordinates projects for optimum production in areas of content, personnel and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews and/or prepares project specifications and drawings prior to release for bids or for further internal use.
- Prepares departmental budget and cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Prepares procedural documents regarding landscape architectural design methods, processes, guidelines, content requirements and detailed engineering guidelines relevant to landscape architectural planning.
- Acts as a consultant in contractual arrangements for university construction programs involving outside agencies.
- Supervises students and provides technical direction to assigned personnel.
- Plans, through self-initiated programs as well as assigned projects, to look for opportunities to improve the landscape architecture at the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of landscape architecture, urban design and landscape architectural principles including details and specifications, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of building materials, plant materials and construction methods.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local facility and code requirements.
- Knowledge of structural, mechanical and electrical engineering relating to landscape architectural design and construction.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Skill in the drafting of landscape architectural plans.
- Skill in planning, organizing and supervising the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- A Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or related field AND four years of landscape architectural experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Registration as a Landscape Architect in the State of Arizona.