|Title: ||Credentials Evaluator, Senior|
|Pay Grade: ||21|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Examines and evaluates complex academic records/credentials of students applying for admission to university and/or graduate program or for graduation. Determines if student meets established academic requirements.|
|This is second in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Credentials Evaluator in that incumbents evaluate the more complex credentials, such as international records or non-standard college transcripts and also serve as a resource person to Credentials Evaluators and require less supervision.|
Example of Duties:
- Coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Evaluates and certifies complex credentials and transcripts such as those for international applicants; processes credentials based on established graduation and admissions guidelines and policies; ensures authenticity of documents; evaluates credentials for graduate fellowships and assistantships.
- Prepares listing/checksheet of completed and to be completed classes required for degree; reviews and processes programs of study for students applying for graduation; uses appropriate catalog and academic curriculum requirements depending on major, minor and appropriate degree.
- Researches various academic systems to determine transferability and equivalencies of applicants' credits; converts credits to university system; maintains resource/reference file of catalogs, etc. from various universities and institutions.
- Provides assistance and information to students, general public and departments regarding admission policies and procedures; confers with students planning to transfer regarding transferability of credits.
- Collaborates with students and advising units regarding problems qualifying for graduation; consults faculty for clarification of requirements; processes curriculum changes and petitions.
- Maintains computerized student files, applications and credentials; verifies, adds, deletes and corrects permanent student records.
- Informs students of admission/graduation acceptance/denial; handles necessary correspondence.
- Conducts necessary research in order to verify residency status of applicants.
- Responds to nonroutine written inquiries received by department and general public; disseminates information regarding policies and procedures, curriculum requirements, transferability of courses and general campus information.
- Assists Credential Evaluators with more complex evaluations; trains new staff in procedures and computer use.
- Interprets department policies; recommends changes to policies and/or procedures to supervisor.
- Assists supervisor in gathering information and in preparation of various reports; performs other administrative functions in assistance of supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of admissions and graduation procedures.
- Knowledge and skill in office procedures.
- Skill in public relations.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Three years general clerical experience which includes one year experience in credential evaluation; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.