|Title: ||Student Recruit / Retention Specialist, Senior|
|Pay Grade: ||33|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Plans, implements and evaluates continuing and new programs to recruit and/or retain targeted groups of students including but not limited to minority, international, high school, community and college students. Provides admissions information and services to prospective students.|
|This is second in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the lower level in that incumbents are involved in planning and developing objectives, policies and procedures.|
Example of Duties:
- Identifies target populations; develops visitation schedules in-state and/or out-of-state and visits target schools, agencies or conferences to meet with prospective students, counselors and administrators; discusses university program offerings and answers questions concerning curriculum, enrollment procedures and/or student life.
- Disseminates informational material to prospective and/or continuing students such as admission, housing and financial aid applications; assists students with completion of forms and reviews to ensure accuracy, authenticity and timeliness of information and required documents.
- Interviews prospective students and/or parents on an individual basis and answers questions, compares educational systems, discusses their academic credentials and provides admissions information and assistance.
- Plans and organizes on-campus recruitment programs for prospective students; plans agenda, speakers and length of workshops and coordinates transportation.
- Plans and develops objectives for recruitment/retention purposes and participates in policy and procedure development.
- Represents the program by giving presentations at various activities such as college fairs and community meetings.
- Develops recruiting materials such as letters, flyers and brochures.
- Improves student retention rate by tracking progress of students through program and counsels students regarding personal and/or academic issues; refers to other sources of counseling as needed.
- Prepares reports documenting activities.
- Serves as liason between various departments or agencies and the student clarifying procedures and practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of academic institutions and academic curriculum evaluation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of recruiting and/or retention.
- Knowledge of admissions policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of diverse populations and cultures.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business Administration or related field AND two years experience in admissions, recruitment or retention; OR,
- Six years experience in admissions, recruitment or retention; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.