|Title: ||Space Planning Manager|
|Pay Grade: ||61|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Plans and organizes the activities of personnel engaged in facilities space planning for all departments and ensures that procedures and other operations are consistent with current laws and university policy.|
|This is third in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Space Planner, Senior in that incumbents plan and administer the entire space planning function including full budgetary and policy development responsibilities.|
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Develops long range plans for facilities projects, schedules work projects, monitors work in progress and inspects finished projects.
- Develops, establishes and controls the methods, procedures and systems to increase overall effectiveness of facilities utilization and management.
- Prepares complex and technical statistical analyses, reports and surveys related to space.
- Provides information and consultation on costs of planned projects and budgetary planning related to space planning to deans, department heads and directors.
- Develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive facilities management computer system.
- Reviews facilities information data and other reports to ensure that each original project involving space planning is implemented.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of space utilization and facilities management.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND five years of facilities space management experience which includes two years supervisory experience; OR,
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND seven years of facilities space management experience which includes two years supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.