|Title: ||Elevator Mechanic Supervisor|
|Pay Grade: ||51|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Supervises elevator mechanics and trades helpers in the repair, maintenance and installation of elevator systems, such as building elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters, hoists and cranes.|
|This is third in a series of three classifications. This classification typically reports to an Assistant Director.|
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Schedules, assigns, plans and monitors the work of elevator shop personnel performing a variety of elevator projects.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of elevator expenditures and procedures for elevator equipment maintenance.
- Reviews plans for future buildings and inspects new buildings to ensure compatibility with existing elevator codes and maintenance standards.
- Prepares material and labor estimates.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, work order, material, equipment and other elevator shop records and submits reports.
- Trains or informs employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies and elevator codes and standards.
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes shop expenditures to stay within budget and assists in preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets university and department policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards.
- Inspects new construction and remodels.
- Assists engineers in design requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer operations.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the elevator trade.
- Knowledge of applicable elevator codes, standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of OSHA Requirements.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of elevator equipment and components.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects.
- Skill in applying supervisory techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Nine years of elevator repair and maintenance experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in elevator repair and maintenance AND three years of elevator repair and maintenance experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.