|Title: ||Plumbing Supervisor|
|Pay Grade: ||51|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Supervises the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems.|
|This is fourth in a series of four classifications. This classification typically reports to an Assistant Director.|
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of plumbing expenditures and procedures for plumbing systems maintenance.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials.
- Maintains time, payroll and material records and submits reports as required.
- Trains or informs employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies and plumbing codes.
- Ensures budgetary guidelines are met; prioritizes expenditures to stay within budget and assists in the preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets university and department policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Skill in estimating time and materials common to the trade.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Nine years of progressively responsible plumbing experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in plumbing AND three progressively responsible years of plumbing experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.