|Title: ||Sheetmetal Worker|
|Pay Grade: ||33|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Fabricates, installs and repairs sheetmetal, plastic or fiberglass products or equipment.|
|This is first in a series of three classifications and is a journey level classification. This classification typically reports to the Sheetmetal Supervisor. Working conditions - restricted movement, dirty environment, air contamination, intense noise, hazardous materials; lifts or carries heavy objects.|
Example of Duties:
- Prepares sketches, drawings and layouts.
- Fabricates, installs or repairs air-ducts, grills, vents, downspouts, exhaust systems and hoods, containers, filing cases, cabinets, lockers, counters and other related equipment, structures or objects.
- Operates sheetmetal forming machines, shears, brakes, folders, bending rolls, cutters, crimpers, punch and drill presses and a variety of hand tools.
- Operates soldering and welding equipment in the fabrication or repair of sheetmetal or plastic equipment, structures or objects.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, specifications, pattern layouts and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of sheetmetal assignments.
- Performs mathematical and geometrical calculations for preparation of working sketches, drawings and layouts as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sheetmetal and welding techniques.
- Knowledge of fabrication, installation and repair of sheetmetal and related products or equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Six years of sheetmetal experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.