|Title: ||Automotive Service Supervisor|
|Pay Grade: ||43|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Supervises mechanics and attendants in the repair and maintenance of automotive equipment.|
|This is sixth in a series of seven classifications and is distinguished from others by being the second full supervisory level in the series. This classification typically reports to the Fleet Manager.|
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Requisitions automotive parts.
- Issues parts and supplies to mechanics and maintains appropriate records.
- Prepares and assigns work orders to mechanics.
- Maintains vehicle service record log.
- Prices repair orders.
- Resolves difficult diagnostic problems for mechanics.
- Ensures workplace is safe and clean at all times.
- Dispatches personnel for emergency service calls.
- Maintains records of all hazardous waste and its proper disposal and ensures compliance with all safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of recordkeeping, billing and inventory practices.
- Knowledge of automotive and heavy equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Skill in the diagnosis and repair of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Skill in supervising the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Seven years of experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of automobiles which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Completion of a one year vocational training program in automotive mechanics AND six years experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of automobiles which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- May be required to obtain a current 609 Mobile Air Conditioning Certification.
- May be required to obtain a current Arizona Emissions Inspections Certification.
- Possession of current Arizona Type D, B or C driver's license upon employment.