|Title: ||Printing & Reproduction Svcs Clerk|
|Pay Grade: ||15|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Operates bindery and photocopy equipment in the printing and reproduction of documents. Staples, collates and stuffs envelopes.|
|This is first in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from the Printing and Reproduction Services Specialist in that incumbents spend their time performing the more routine hands-on work while the Printing and Reproduction Services Specialists have coordinating responsibilities and/or perform the more complex and technically involved set up and operation of equipment.|
Example of Duties:
- Operates various photocopy equipment in order to complete duplication orders for copy center customers; readjusts machine according to requirements of each copy order.
- Operates a variety of bindery equipment including high speed stapling, binding, collating, folding, inserting, drilling and labeling machines; adjusts machines for each job according to paper size and alignment.
- Feeds materials into machines for stitching, folding, ruling, gluing, roughing and indexing as job requires.
- Performs related work such as collating, stapling, assembling, stuffing, cutting, punching, folding and paste-ups as job requires.
- Performs routine maintenance, adjustments and minor repairs on equipment.
- Reviews job requests; schedules runs to meet deadlines; keeps records of jobs completed for quality control.
- Loads machines with paper and supplies such as toner and fuser oil; moves cartons of paper from supply area to machines.
- Fastens sheets together to prepare books, magazines, bulletins and other publications using machine stapler or inserting binding strips into punched holes.
- Processes departmental incoming and outgoing mail; prepares mail for distribution.
- Prepares and packages jobs by stacking, boxing or wrapping for delivery to customer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of shop safety standards and procedures.
- Knowledge in operation of binding, photocopy and/or blueprint equipment.
- Skill in routine maintenance and minor repair of equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Six months experience in the operation of bindery and photocopy equipment; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.