|Title: ||Printing & Reprod. Svcs Suprv, Sr|
|Pay Grade: ||41|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Supervises daily operations of printing and copying services provided to university community. Ensures services are provided on time, are of high quality and are provided at lowest possible cost.|
|This classification is fourth in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from the Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor in that incumbents supervise first line supervisors and are involved in preparation and maintenance of department budget.|
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Determines job priorities in order to achieve maximum utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Assists and advises departments requesting work as to appropriate format, type of paper to use and color combinations; estimates cost of jobs for departments.
- Recommends equipment to purchase and provides input regarding future equipment trends and needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of innovative supplies and consults with supervisor on use of new varieties such as new types of ink and paper stock; orders supplies for print shop according to department procedures.
- Assists with budget preparation by projecting labor and equipment needs; suggests areas for department expansion and growth.
- Monitors billings to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains records and prepares monthly reports pertaining to work volume.
- Selects vendors to be used for subcontracted work.
- Ensures quality standards are maintained.
- Ensures printing and copying equipment is properly maintained.
- Operates printing equipment; performs work of subordinate personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of printing and copying equipment, operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in performing offset press, bindery and related operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology or related field AND two years offset printing equipment operation and maintenance experience which includes one year supervisory experience; OR,
- Six years offset printing equipment operation and maintenance experience which includes one year supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.