|Title: ||Broadcast Promotion & Advertising Specialist|
|Pay Grade: ||33|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Promotes and advertises broadcast station by preparing program guide, writing press releases, developing broadcast promotions, creating concepts for newspaper coverage and designing, producing and directing station breaks.|
|This is first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the Broadcast Promotion and Advertising Specialist, Senior in that incumbents act as assistant to the Senior position and do not have final responsibility for the end product. This classification is required to work within established deadlines inherent to broadcasting field. Typically reports to the Broadcast Promotion and Advertising Specialist, Senior.|
Example of Duties:
- Participates in preparation of monthly program guide or other publications by gathering information, conducting interviews, writing, editing and proofreading articles, taking photographs and assisting with design and layout; confers with other departmental personnel regarding content.
- Provides creative input into advertising campaigns including print, video and outdoor advertising; produces and distributes ads.
- Develops and maintains media contacts; generates story ideas for press coverage; writes and distributes press releases to various newspapers and magazines and follows up on distribution to promote media coverage of locally and nationally produced programs.
- Writes and produces daily broadcast promotion spots; makes recommendations regarding frequency and effectiveness of promotional spots; reviews and revises network promotional material and coordinates information provided by program producers.
- Responds to listener and community requests for information.
- Researches, designs, produces and coordinates the execution of the prime-time station breaks.
- Participates in planning and implementation of special publicity material for fund raisers and special event activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of television production techniques.
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of promotion and advertising techniques.
- Skill in creating and developing promotional concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field AND one year of promotion and advertising experience; OR,
- Five years of promotion and advertising experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.