|Title: ||Television Producer / Director|
|Pay Grade: ||41|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Produces, directs and writes educational, instructional or public interest material for on-air broadcast as assigned. Coordinates activities of assigned staff during productions.|
|This classification is first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the Television Producer/Director, Senior level in that topics are typically assigned by supervisor. Incumbents in this classification are required to work within deadlines inherent to the broadcast industry.|
Example of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of staff assigned to the production.
- Produces, writes and directs instructional videos, promotional campaigns or public events programs including editorial changes, techniques, graphics and conceptual design.
- Conducts necessary research to obtain information required to develop the story or concept.
- Co-produces membership or fundraising campaigns according to established concepts; produces and directs promotional breaks in campaigns; schedules and trains on-air talent; compiles statistics on effectiveness of the campaign and conducts promotional analysis.
- Prepares necessary reports or maintains log of production activities.
- Assembles and edits story, promotional segment or video to ensure visual cohesiveness by assessing narrative and visual content.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of broadcast production techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in production and editing.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field AND two years experience in writing/producing/directing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Six years experience in writing/producing/directing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.