|Title: ||Office Specialist, Senior|
|Pay Grade: ||31|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Performs a variety of administrative, skilled or technical work of a specialized nature and/or provides first level supervision of office staff.|
|This is fourth in a series of four classifications. It is distinguished from the Office Specialist in that incumbents work under own initiative with limited supervision and are accountable for significant, advanced administrative support duties and/or provide formalized work leadership. Incumbents also typically possess a broad knowledge of all functions and operations within work unit and can generally apply judgment and make decisions affecting function or procedures for which they are accountable. Office Specialist, Senior is distinguished from Office Supervisor in that the primary purpose of the Office Supervisor is supervision and supervision takes the majority of time.|
Example of Duties:
- Applies functional knowledge to analyze and respond to matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures and research and interpretation of a variety of levels of information; authorizes exceptions to policy within defined limits.
- Analyzes and resolves difficult problems or provides assistance to others on difficult assignments.
- Coordinates or performs data collection, analysis, reporting, documentation and other duties to ensure accurate and timely processing or development of required reports.
- Recommends new or revised department policies and procedures; coordinates and implements approved changes in policies and procedures affecting assigned function; updates affected policy/procedure manuals.
- Maintains unit documents such as ledgers, personnel records, budget data and financial records; ensures adherence to policy and procedure and monitors/checks for accuracy.
- Coordinates, schedules and tracks progress of specialized work projects or departmental functions.
- Responds verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or problems and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned function with outside organizations or other departments; responds to technical administrative questions and ensures necessary follow up.
- Participates in special projects with staff as directed.
- Assists with specialized or difficult work activities of subordinates or other staff members.
- May supervise, monitor or coordinate the activities of subordinates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Five years of increasingly responsible office/clerical experience which includes one year in a directly related function; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.