|Title: ||Parking Event Monitor, Principal|
|Pay Grade: ||23|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Oversees and coordinates the activities of Special Event staff and other personnel assigned to area of control in order to facilitate parking arrangements for a Special Event.|
|This is the third in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Parking Event Monitor, Senior, which assists with the oversight of personnel assigned to a specific intersection and or parking area.
Example of Duties:
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of Special Event staff and other personnel that are assigned to area of control in order to facilitate a safe and timely flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Assesses area to confirm the status of barricades, notice signs, and decals at the beginning of the event control. Coordinates the placement of intersection and parking area barricades and signs according to established procedure. Recommends placement of personnel, barricades, and signs that will make area of control safer and more efficient.
- Signs-in staff; assigns duties and trains personnel for their specific post including, but not limited to: confirmation that Parking Event Monitors understand the permit parking authorized in their respective area of control, the "Quick Reference" Guide pertaining to all other parking arrangements, procedures for proper 10-code radio communication and use of equipment, and alternate parking to accommodate visitors and other campus users that do not have permits. Schedules personnel for breaks and lunch to ensure the area is covered at all times.
- Confirms the issuance of safety vests, working flashlights, lighted Type II barricades, and other equipment as required, and initiates their use when conditions warrant.
- Coordinates the break down of all barricades at the end of the event control and assures that all area signs are returned.
- Coordinates and oversees cash handling for event, including arranging transportation to and from post for fee collectors, monitoring fee collector status and collecting cash from fee collectors throughout event as necessary.
- Controls the use of parking lots, street parking, and garage parking within the assigned area. Ensures reserve parking areas are used by authorized permit holders and directs visitors to available proximity parking. Allows interim parking for visitors and other campus users as appropriate. Determines when towing is necessary and alerts Supervisor.
- Discerns the need of special groups or individual parkers that have not made prior arrangements and conveys this requirement to Supervisor. Advises dispatch of general information that is of control interest to all other areas or of changing conditions that are specific to assigned area.
- Documents activity that is specific to area of control as requested, such as personnel log, "Incident Reports," and area parking utilization prior to set-up and at break-down.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of campus building locations and parking areas.
- Knowledge of established safety protocols.
- Knowledge of Event Parking Plan and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for assigned area.
- Skill in coordinating the work of others.
- Skill in dealing diplomatically with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow radio and safety protocols.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and handle inclement weather.
- Six months experience as a Parking Event Monitor, Senior.
- Six months intensive customer service and cash supervision experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.