|Title: ||Communications Network Analyst|
|Pay Grade: ||B07|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Operates, monitors and maintains communications network facilities, including links, routing and switching systems. Evaluates, installs and tests network components and services. Supports users in resolving network malfunctions.|
|This is the first in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Communications Network Analyst, Senior which also reviews and analyzes user requests, participates in network planning and design, and assists management and technical staff with complex technical support.|
Example of Duties:
- Operates communications network facilities, including links, routing and switching systems, and network monitoring and control facilities. Monitors and implements network use and security protocols.
- Analyzes, monitors and troubleshoots network systems and supports users in resolving network malfunctions. Coordinates activities with other technical staff.
- Maintains network infrastructure, hardware, software, services and configuration including upgrades. Installs and tests network components and services.
- Evaluates new hardware and software for completeness and compatibility with existing systems.
- Creates and maintains required documentation regarding network hardware and software installation and maintenance.
- Instructs and assists new users in accessing network systems.
- May participate as a team member on network development projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, operation and capabilities of current high speed communications network hardware, software and protocols.
- Knowledge of the principles of communication system operation, maintenance, monitoring and control.
- Skill in analyzing and solving communications network problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Three years of experience installing, operating or maintaining communications network hardware or software; OR
- Associates degree in Computer Information Technology or related field AND two years of experience installing, operating or maintaining communications network hardware or software; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.