|Title: ||Data Entry Supervisor|
|Pay Grade: ||B04|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
|Supervises the staff and operations of a data entry unit. Prioritizes and plans workload of data entry tasks in compliance with schedules, deadlines, protocol and policy. Reviews and analyzes unit production and operations.|
|This is the second in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the Data Entry Specialist which reviews, verifies, codes and enters data, reconciles discrepancies and extracts and compiles information for reports.
Example of Duties:
- Supervises two or more full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Establishes workload priorities, procedures, work assignments, and equipment and staffing requirements. Organizes and monitors work to maintain schedules, quality and quantity standards. Assigns and reviews work.
- Establishes and implements attendance and performance standards. Trains new staff on data entry and office procedures.
- Compiles a variety of reports on unit production, personnel and operational information. Revises, maintains and updates data entry procedures manuals, coding instructions and other resource materials.
- Confers with technical staff to create and design data entry programs and/or data entry screens.
- Supervises a variety of data entry projects, such as systems or data mapping, loading, testing, and data quality reviews.
- Reviews, verifies, codes, enters and reconciles data and generates routine and specialized reports.
- Coordinates data entry activities with other organizational units. Represents unit at meetings and on committees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic computer data entry tools, procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Skill in supervising and organizing data entry staff and functions.
- Skill in using an alphanumeric keyboard.
- Skill in reviewing proofing and verifying data.
- Skill in creating routine and specialized reports measuring data entry productivity and quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Three years of experience entering data using an alphanumeric keyboard and verifying and proofing entered data, including one year of experience reconciling complex data entry discrepancies and leading data entry staff; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.