|Title: ||Data Warehouse Analyst|
|Pay Grade: ||B07|
|Pay Range |
Purpose of Classification:
| Participates in the analysis, development, organization, storage and maintainence of user data for later retrieval from the University's central data warehouse. Troubleshoots and optimizes relational databases. Assists users regarding data warehouse operation and database design. |
|This is the first in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Data Warehouse Analyst, Senior which analyzes, develops, organizes, stores and maintains user data for later retrieval from the University's central data warehouse. |
Example of Duties:
- Analyzes user data to determine business rules and creates data organization models for approval and transition from testing/development to production.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of complex data storage structures needed to support data warehouse functions. Assures data is maintained in consistent formats.
- Troubleshoots data warehouse issues including hardware and software. Recommends tools to optimize data quality and access.
- Participates in the identification of key performance indicators and methods for data warehouse to assist with operational and strategic planning.
- Maintains relationships with users to identify and develop additional data sources for the data warehouse consistent with business rules and customer needs.
- Trains and assists users, managers and technical staff regarding access, use and storage of data. Recommends methods to maximize database design effectiveness.
- Assists the Data Warehouse Analyst, Senior and Principal in various methods of communicating with institutional user groups regarding changes in local networks and databases that report information to the data warehouse.
- Recommends strategies and updates to the data warehouse systems in response to changes in University or government reporting requirements and other regulations.
- Participates as a team member on data warehouse projects. Assists Data Warehouse Analyst, Senior or Principal in project management affecting the data warehouse. Assists other technical staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current relational database software and related hardware.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and modeling methods, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of relational database and query concepts.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting data warehousing operations.
- Skill in explaining data warehouse operations to technical and non-technical users.
- Skill in researching and analyzing user data and data warehouse systems.
- Skills in organizing and using a data warehouse.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Three years of experience analyzing, developing and maintaining a data warehouse;OR
- Associate's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Technology or related field AND two years of experience analyzing, developing and maintaining a data warehouse; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.